General SEO ROI Statistics
1. The average ROI for SEO is 22:1, or 2,200% – 
2. Thought leadership marketing SEO efforts have an average ROI of 748% – 
3. 57% of B2B marketers say that SEO generates more leads than any other marketing initiative – 
5. The top 3 organic search results receive 75.1% of all clicks – 
6. Profitworks generated $2.75 for every dollar spent on SEO, meaning their ROI of SEO was 275% – 
7. TeraKeet estimates that its average ROI of SEO ranges from 550% to 1,220% – 
8. A good marketing ROI is a ratio of 5:1 – 
9. SEO, along with content marketing and email marketing, generated the highest ROI among digital marketing channels according to industry professionals .
10. An ROI of 2:1 is barely profitable because other business expenses reduce that ratio closer to 1:1 – 
11. SEO delivers the highest ROI, averaging 200%-275% and generating $2.75 profit per dollar invested for eCommerce businesses. 
12. A minimum ROI of 500% or a 5:1 ratio is generally considered favorable for SEO. 
13. Profitworks reported an SEO ROI of 275%. 
14. FirstPageSage achieved an SEO ROI of 748%. 
15. Terakeet reported SEO ROI findings ranging from 500% to 1,220%. 
16. Top Google search results receive significantly more clicks, capturing a click rate of 28.5%. 
17. SEO outperforms pay-per-click advertising, driving 15 times more clicks. 
18. Organic search traffic accounts for 53.3% across industries, surpassing social media. 
19. Google dominates the search engine market with an 86% share. 
20. “49% of marketers say that organic search has the highest ROI of any marketing channel.” 
21. “69% of companies invested in SEO last year.” 
22. “64.6% of SEO pros in 2021 said their results were more successful than the year before.” 
23. “SEO generates ROIs of up to 12.2x initial spend.” 
SEO ROI Conversion Rate Statistics
24. The average conversion rate across all industries is 2.4% .
25. According to a study, the average search conversion rate is 2.35%, with an excellent rate reaching 11.45% .
26. Conversion rates vary across different business types, with services businesses having a rate of 2.7% and SaaS companies at 1.9% .
27. The average conversion rate by page type ranges from 2.3% for blog articles to 4.8% for annual industry reports .
28. Conversion rates differ based on customer lifetime value, ranging from 1.5% for CLV below $1,000 to 2.1% for CLV between $10,000 and $100,000 .
29. The full-funnel conversion rate for SEO is 0.032% or 1 in 3,100 visitors .
30. It has been found that SEO generally outperforms PPC in terms of conversion rates. The average conversion rate for SEO is 2.4%, while for PPC, it is 1.3% .
SEO Vs PPC ROI Statistics
31. SEO plays a significant role in generating organic traffic, which accounts for 53% of web visits, compared to 15% from paid search .
34. It’s common for businesses to allocate around 75% of their search budget to SEO and 25% to PPC . This allocation can vary based on specific goals and industry competition.
SEO vs Email Marketing ROI Statistics
35. Email marketing boasts an ROI of $36 for every $1 spent .
36. Recent statistics show the average email marketing ROI is $42 for every dollar spent .
37. Email marketing has a median ROI of 122% .
38. Email marketing was the most effective digital marketing channel, with a media ROI of 124% in 2017 .
How to Measure SEO ROI
Measuring the Return on Investment (ROI) for SEO involves several key components.
Firstly, start by identifying your SEO goals, such as increasing organic traffic, reducing bounce rate, improving conversion rates, or enhancing brand visibility.
Then, choose specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that align with these goals. These might include organic search traffic, keyword rankings, or number of high-quality backlinks.
Use Google Analytics or similar tools to track these metrics, compare them to your SEO spend, and determine the ROI.
Remember, due to the nature of SEO, these results might take time to manifest, so it’s essential to perform these reviews regularly over a long-term period to get an accurate measure of your SEO ROI.
How to Calculate SEO ROI
SEO ROI (%) = (Revenue gained from SEO – Cost of SEO) / Cost of SEO * 100
Here’s a breakdown of the formula:
Revenue gained from SEO
This is the total revenue your business has generated from all the traffic gained through your SEO efforts.
This could be online sales, signups, or any other revenue-generating actions users have taken on your website as a result of finding your site through organic search.
Cost of SEO
This is the total expense your business has incurred for your SEO efforts. This can include the cost of SEO tools, consulting services, content creation, link building, and any other SEO-related costs.
Subtract the Cost of SEO from the Revenue gained from SEO, divide the result by the Cost of SEO, and multiply by 100 to get the percentage ROI.